(Senior) Account / Sales Manager (m/f/d)
We are looking for a motivated, structured, and enthusiastic (Senior) Sales/ Account Manager (m/f/d) who is responsible for our agency sales pipeline. We are located in the Coworking Space STARTPLATZ and offer a flexible and professional working environment. The opportunity to make valuable contacts with like-minded people and young companies, access to exciting events are just some of the advantages here at PIRATEx.
As a (Senior) Account/ Sales Manager you’re responsible for:
Business Development: You are our pirate who holds the treasure map in his hand. In close cooperation with the marketing team, you create targeted target lists and develop outbound sales strategies. With Hubspot, you expand and manage the sales pipeline and create sales forecasts to estimate revenue. You own the KPI’s, and not only do you stay on target, but you are able to exceed and smash the goals.
Partnership Management: You put the clients’ vision on paper by creating offers for their desired projects. With your solution-oriented approach, you advise and accompany them to make event planning easier for them. As a born networker, you build successful and long-term relationships between PIRATEx and its partners. At the same time, you will turn into a remote events expert!
- Work in a fast-growing, dedicated, and passionate team with flat hierarchies
- Full-time employment with a fair monthly wage
- A trust-based leave scheme
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Urban Sports Club membership (M)
- Regular team events (advanced training, after-work beer, team retreats, strategy days, and much more)
- A strong feedback culture with regular 1on1 and team feedback sessions
- The opportunity to let off steam with new tools and to develop yourself further
- Probably the best team in the world! (Says the team)
Important skills for the job:
- 2-5 years of professional experience as Sales Manager or Account Manager
- Structural and organizational talent and the ability to set priorities
- Proven sales success and exceeded targets
- The ability to keep track of sales and budget planning
- You are a born networker and bring a strong business network
- Top communication skills in German & English
- Sales- & customer-oriented thinking and acting
- Enthusiasm & joy in bringing in your ideas
- Openness, getting to know new software
- Good stress management, mastery of multitasking
- First experience with Google Suite (especially with Google Sheets)
Helpful skills for the job:
- First experiences with Hubspot Sales Pro or similar CRM/sales tools
- Experience in the event & conference industry, especially with remote events
- Experience in managing and setting up a (sales) team
- Passion for the start-up ecosystem & entrepreneurship
Your day at PIRATEx could look like this:
- You dial into the Morning Kick-Off Call with the whole team at 9am. Today you start your working day from home, as you have some customer calls for the morning.
- After the short kick-off, you open your mails and you know that it will be a good day. A major partner has finally signed and returned the contract, the project is officially commissioned.. You post the success in slack, where your post gets flooded with happy emojis within seconds. You call your colleague from the product team to arrange an internal kick-off for the project. It is a hybrid live show that will take place in three months.
- At 10 am you have the first sales call. It’s the project manager of a large company who participated last month in a virtual trade fair produced by us – she was thrilled with the concept and now she wants to plan a 3-day online internal conference for her 800 employees. She already has quite concrete ideas about what the event should look like. After a very intensive call, she asks you to give her the first markup of an offer. You create an asana with the notes you have taken and set the deadline to the end of the week.
- For the next customer, the topic of remote events is a completely new territory. He organizes an annual meet-up, which he’s reluctant to skip this year, but doesn’t really know to what extent you can map his project online. You give him an insight into our services and advise him on the various options for implementation. You agree on a follow-up call in 2 weeks.
- Since you are on your way to the office in time for lunch, you have agreed to pick up a bulk order of falafel sandwiches for the team. So your colleagues are even more excited about you when you finally arrive at the office.
- After lunch, you have a meeting with the sales and marketing team where you work out a new strategy to generate more leads. You walk out of the meeting with a full head of steam and a rather long new to-do list, and start working on it right away.
- For 4 pm you have scheduled a short call with a project manager from the team because you still have a couple of very specific technical questions about the implementation of a project that you couldn’t answer out of the hand for a potential customer.
- Today is Wednesday, our weekly KPI call is at 17:30. You will lead the call and present the team with the current sales pipeline. During the meeting, a working student asks for a better understanding of Hubspot’s functions and more insight into the sales strategies. You accept the suggestion to organize a PIRATE University on Hubspot Sales for the team in the near future.
- It’s just after 6 – it’s been a long, rather busy day. You deliberately didn’t set up any meetings for tomorrow so that you could work things off in a focused way – writing offers, working out a new concept for the booklet… Besides, you’re going to get off a little earlier tomorrow because you’re planning on hitting the gym at 5 pm!