Content Creator (Video /Visual /Audio) (m/f/d)
PIRATEx is looking for a creative, enthusiastic, and structured content creator with a great love for detail. We are located in the Co-Working Space STARTPLATZ in the heart of Cologne and offer a flexible and professional working environment. If you are looking for a friendly working environment that gives you the necessary freedom for your personal development, then you have come to the right place!
As a Content Creator you’re responsible for:
- Video: True to the motto “document, don’t create” we want to capture our daily work and our event productions with vlogs, interviews, or after movies. And this will become your area. Join us on our productions, produce daily updates with our founders and documentaries about life at PIRATE.
- Audio: The right sound is crucial! No matter if it’s vlogs or podcasts. You will make sure that our audience gets the best audio experience. This includes recording interviews, producing podcasts, and much more.
- Visual: The first impression counts. Therefore, the right thumbnails can feel like rocket science. With the right feel for design, you will create visuals to accompany your video & audio productions. Whether for YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, or other platforms.
- The look behind the scenes: PIRATEx is authentic, dynamic, and also a little bit crazy (but the good kind of crazy). And always professional. To bring this to the screen is your project. Our external perception will be significantly influenced by how authentic and dynamic you are.
In summary, you will produce videos as well as audio and visual content that shows the work at PIRATEx as it is: varied, dynamic, and authentic. And in easily digestible and entertaining formats. Your work will be available on our social media channels, in our newsletters, on our website as well as on YouTube and in ads.
- Work in a fast-growing, dedicated, and passionate team with flat hierarchies
- Full-time employment with a fair monthly wage
- A trust-based vacation regulation
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Urban Sports Club membership (M)
- Regular team events (advanced training, after-work beer, team retreats, strategy days and much more)
- A strong feedback culture with regular 1on1 and team feedback sessions
- The opportunity to let off steam with new tools and to develop yourself further
- Probably the best team in the world! (Says the team)
Important skills for the job:
- Experience with recording & editing video & audio
- Skills in the creation of visuals (graphic design)
- Very good handling of Adobe programs (or the software of your choice)
- High-quality standards for you and your work
- Creativity & Independence
- Great empathy that you can transfer to sound and vision
- Organized and structured working method
- Open to learn new skills and work with new software
- Love for the details
- Good German language and English skills (>B1)
Helpful skills for the job:
- Experience with social media platforms: LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- Knowledge of YouTube, Vimeo and other video or podcast platforms
Your day at PIRATEx could look like this:
- You start your day at 9 am in the office. The daily kick-off call with the whole team starts right away. After the short call, you and your colleagues get a coffee on the third floor of the STARTPLATZ.
- Yesterday there was a live production where you collected a lot of video material. You sit right down and start editing everything to create nice “Making Of” teasers for the social media channels.
- At 12 o’clock in the morning, the first members of the team start to feel hungry. They vote on slack, where we’ll get lunch today. The majority decides to have falafel sandwiches at Anya. Since the weather is nice today, we eat together outside at the Mediapark fountain.
- After lunch you will get an asana notification – a colleague needs help editing visuals for a client. Since it is urgent, she asks if you can do it at short notice. Within an hour, you’re done with them. You upload the files to Google Drive and mark the task as done.
- You started producing a LinkedIn interview series last week. For this, you’re working on a thumbnail design. You have some cool ideas and are a bit indecisive, so you post your suggestions in Slack and ask the team for their opinions.
- At 3 pm you expect craftsmen at home, so you tell the team that you will be back later and cycle home again.
- Tomorrow our weekly deep dive will take place in the office. You are responsible for the audio support and production of the live stream & podcast. Tomorrow you will prepare the whole setup and take over the direction. You just call your colleague who will moderate the whole thing. Is the schedule for tomorrow already set? Is the content already fixed and has our guest already been briefed?
- It’s 6 pm and all preparations for tomorrow are done. You check the asana tasks again and mark them as done, so you can relax and go home.