Content Creator Copywriting (m/f/d)
In Cologne Or Remote
PIRATEx is looking for a creative, enthusiastic, and structured content creator with a great love for texting. We are located in the Co-Working Space STARTPLATZ in the heart of Cologne and offer a flexible and professional working environment. If you are looking for a friendly working environment that gives you the necessary freedom for your personal development, then you have come to the right place!
As a Content Creator you’re responsible for:
- Website: PIRATE has a lot to tell. No matter if it is about events, start-ups, corporate culture, or other topics on our website. Your task will be to capture and tell our experiences and stories. From headlines that stick to texts that sell.
- Blog: This needs to be revitalized. We want to tell stories that interest people. At the same time, we want to be found by people who are looking for what we can offer them. So your readers will be people and algorithms alike. This is where the right mix of appealing texts and SEO optimization is required.
- Social Media and Newsletter: On LinkedIn it’s this way, on Intsgram that way and in the newsletter it’s different again. Varying formats require varying wording. You will creatively support our graphic content and thus ensure performance.
- Ad Copies: Whether for social media ads, SEA, or print. Here your talent is in demand to pitch many things in just a few sentences. You can try out, test, and learn what works and what doesn’t.
- And more: Texts are your specialty. No matter where they are you will be on them. So there are no limits to your creativity!
- Work in a fast-growing, dedicated, and passionate team with flat hierarchies
- Full-time employment with a fair monthly wage
- A trust-based vacation regulation
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Urban Sports Club membership (M)
- Regular team events (advanced training, after-work beer, team retreats, strategy days and much more)
- A strong feedback culture with regular 1on1 and team feedback sessions
- The opportunity to let off steam with new tools and to develop yourself further
- Probably the best team in the world! (Says the team)
Important skills for the job:
- Skills in writing short and long texts (Blogposts, Newsletter, Social Media etc.)
- Experience in writing Ad Copies
- Experience in editorial processes
- Very good skills in writing English content
- High-quality standards for you and your work
- Creativity & Independence
- Organized and structured working method
- Open to learn new skills and work with new software
- Love for detail
Helpful skills for the job:
- Experience with social media platforms: LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- Completed studies in relevant subjects (nice-to-have)
Your day at PIRATEx could look like this:
- You start your day at 9 am in the office. The daily kick-off call with the whole team starts right away. After the short call, you and your colleagues get a coffee on the third floor of the STARTPLATZ.
- Last week 4 ads went live for which you wrote the ad copies. Now it’s time to check the performance: which texts worked better?
- After that, it’s time for a new blog post on the topic “Why Remote Conferences will revolutionize the event industry”. You put your first thoughts on paper and get inspirations and inputs in a team.
- At 12 o’clock in the morning, the first team members start to feel hungry. We will then vote on slack, where we will get lunch today. The majority decides to have falafel sandwiches at Anya. Since the weather is nice today, we eat together outside at the Mediapark fountain.
- After lunch you get an asana notification – a colleague needs a good headline for her sales presentation at short notice. Shrewd as you are it won’t take long and you can go back to your blog post of this morning.
- At 3 pm you expect craftsmen at home, so you tell the team that you’ll be back later and cycle home again.
Tomorrow we have our weekly deep dive talk at the office. You will listen to the two experts and write down the most important information. Later you will spin a blog post, a summary, and some social media texts for some video clips we have prepared.
- It’s 6 pm and all the preparations for tomorrow are done. You check the asana tasks again and mark them as done, so you can go home relaxed.